Ready to start fencing? Classes for beginning fencers are enrolling now.
- Musketeers (beginners age 7-10): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Cavaliers (beginners age 11-14): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Adult and teen (15+) beginners: Mondays, 6:30-7:30 pm.
Classes are held at our Central Austin location, 4425 Red River Street (Red River Church gymnasium)
Adults and Teens (age 15 and up)
AFC offers a special 6-week introductory class for adults and teens, from September through June. Loan of all fencing equipment is provided.
Adult intro classes are held on Mondays from 6:30-7:30 pm. Start dates for our 2015 6-week sessions are listed below.
You don't need to pre-enroll to join the beginner class, but class size is limited and if you want to be sure you have a place, you can preregister online. If you preregister and then decide after your first class that fencing is not for you, AFC will refund your class fee, minus the small payment-processing fee our third-party enrollment service (the "AskFred" website) charges.
2015-2016 Adult/Teen beginner classes:
Cost: $80 for a 6-week session. Prepay online or bring a check payable to Austin Fencers Club to your first class.
Kids (age 7 through 14)
Youth fencers can take a free, no-obligation introductory lesson at our central Austin location. The intro lesson lets kids try out the sport, and teaches them enough basics that they can join one of our ongoing beginner classes.
Intro lessons take approximately 45 minutes. Fencers should come dressed for sports in T-shirt, sweatpants, and athletic shoes.
Contact us via email or at (512) 218-8848 to schedule a lesson. Intro lessons are normally offered on Saturdays at 11:30 am or on Monday evenings at 5:30 pm, but dates and times depend on coach availability and our competition schedule; contact us to find out when our next session is held.
Enroll now for our youth fencing programs.
- For insurance reasons, anyone fencing at AFC must purchase a $10 annual non-competitive membership to the United States Fencing Association. Join via the USFA website here. Bring your USFA membership number to your first day of class. USFA membership is NOT required for a trial lesson.
- YOUTH fencer waiver. Print, complete, & bring to your first youth class.
- ADULT fencer waiver. Print, complete, & bring to your first adult class.